BEIJING, May 22 (Xinhua) --The following are key points in a government work report submitted to the national legislature for deliberation on Friday.
- China resolutely opposes ＂Taiwan independence＂ activities
China will resolutely oppose and deter any separatist activities seeking "Taiwan independence," said a government work report submitted Friday to the national legislature for deliberation.
The report said China will improve institutional arrangements, policies and measures to encourage cross-Strait exchanges and cooperation, deepen cross-Strait integrated development and protect the wellbeing of Taiwan compatriots.
- China to increase basic pension for retirees
China will increase the basic pension for retirees and the minimum basic old-age pension for rural and non-working urban residents, according to a government work report submitted to the national legislature for deliberation on Friday.
China will ensure the payments of pension fund on time and in full to nearly 300 million people, the report said.
- China to strengthen international anti-epidemic cooperation
In the face of global challenges including public health crisis and severe economic recession, all countries should work together, said the report.
- Central gov't to support HK, Macao in developing economies, improving living standards
The Chinese central government will support the country's Hong Kong and Macao special administrative regions in developing the economies and improving living standards, said a government work report submitted Friday to the national legislature for deliberation.
The report said support will be offered to Hong Kong and Macao to better integrate their development into the overall development of the country and help them maintain long-term prosperity and stability.
- China to formulate 14th Five-Year Plan
- China to strengthen public health system development
The report stressed improving the direct-reporting and early warning systems for infectious diseases, increasing spending on vaccines, drugs and fast testing technologies, increasing mobile labs and strengthening the supply of emergency materials, among others.
- China to carry out 7th population census
- China to stabilize overall performance of foreign trade, investment
- China further lowers defense budget growth to 6.6 pct
It is the lowest defense budget growth rate in recent years.
- China to significantly shorten negative list for foreign investment
- China to safeguard energy security
- China to ensure more effective ecological, environmental protection
- China will place priorities on curbing pollution in a law-based, scientific and targeted way, and intensify efforts in fighting air pollution in key areas
- China to ensure food supply for 1.4 bln people through own efforts
To bolster agricultural production, the country will increase its area of high-standard cropland by 80 million mu (5.33 million hectares), the report said.
- 6.China to firmly safeguard multilateral trading regime
- 7.China to promote stable growth of housing market
The country will implement city-specific policies to promote steady and healthy development of the real estate market, said the report.
- China to implement policy package to support epidemic-hit Hubei
The policies will help ensure employment, public well-being and normal operations, and facilitate the full recovery of economic and social activities in Hubei.
- China to fully advance Internet Plus initiatives
China will fully advance Internet Plus initiatives across the board and create new competitive strengths in the digital economy, according to a government work report submitted to the national legislature for deliberation on Friday.
- China to expand effective investment
China aims to expand effective investment with priority given to new infrastructure, new urbanization initiatives and major projects, according to a government work report submitted to the national legislature for deliberation on Friday.
- China to promote recovery of consumption
- China to keep improving environment for private sector's development
The country will review relevant regulations to abolish those that unfairly differentiate enterprises according to ownership forms.
Deadlines will be set for government bodies to make overdue payments owed to private and small and medium-sized businesses, said the report.
- China to reduce corporate burden by over 2.5 trln yuan in 2020
- China not to ease regular COVID-19 prevention, control
- China to enhance financial support for stable business operations
Large commercial banks should increase inclusive finance lending to micro and small businesses by more than 40 percent, said the report.
- China to ensure eliminating rural poverty in 2020
China will ensure the elimination of poverty among all rural residents living below the current poverty line and in all poor counties this year, according to a government work report submitted to the national legislature for deliberation on Friday.
- China pledges efforts to minimize losses from COVID-19
China's negative Q1 growth ＂a price worth paying＂ as life is invaluable: report
China's economy posted negative growth in the first quarter of this year, but it was "a price worth paying" to contain COVID-19 as life is invaluable, according to a government work report submitted Friday to the national legislature for deliberation.